Rhetorical analysis self assessment
Rhetorical analysis self assessment

Rhetorical analysis self assessment

When choosing a topic for the rhetorical analysis project. I wanted my work to cover a topic that a lot of P.O.C have experienced before, Colorism. Whether it is in a first world country or a third world country, colorism is a widespread issue in POC communities. I set out looking for images on the internet for ads that target this issue and found far too many. I decided to use an ad by the company ‘Fair and lovely’ , that sells skin bleaching products. It was a bit difficult to write the analysis at first because I had never done a rhetorical analysis on such a short piece before. After viewing the examples provided in the course, I was able to complete the project.  I believe course learning objectives i achieved are negotiate your own writing goals and audience expectations regarding conventions of genre, medium, and rhetorical situation and, engage in genre analysis and multi modal composing to explore effective writing across disciplinary contexts and beyond. I wanted to provide the reader with as much information on the topic as possible, so my goals were to inform the audience of how this ad is controversial but why the company felt that it was okay to release the video. i was able to engage in genre analysis as I completed this project and used the examples and guidelines provided to plan my layout and write my analysis.